Waldheim (Saskatchewan, Canada)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Waldheim, Saskatchewan, is a town (1959 population, 462; 2001 population, 889) situated in a Mennonite district about 35 miles (56 kilometres) north of Saskatoon. The two main churches of the town in the late 1950s were the Zoar Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite) with 209 members (1957) and J. L. Zacharias as leading minister, and the Waldheim Mennonite Brethren Church with 87 members and J. H. Jantzen as the leader and deacon. The town also had a Seventh-Day Adventist Church, whose members come mostly from Mennonites. There was also a hospital in the town.


Author(s) John G Rempel
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Rempel, John G. "Waldheim (Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 7 Jul 2020. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Waldheim_(Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=78550.

APA style

Rempel, John G. (1959). Waldheim (Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 7 July 2020, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Waldheim_(Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=78550.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 876. All rights reserved.


©1996-2020 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.