Randolph Chortitzer Mennonite Church (Randolph, Manitoba, Canada)
|Randolph Chortitzer Mennonite Church
Source: CMC website
The Randolph Chotitzer Mennonite Church was the original Chortitzer Mennonite Conference (CMC) church in Canada. The first church building was constructed at Chortitz (now known as Randolph) in 1876 and replaced in 1896 by the building that still stands today. For many years, the church at Chortitz was the central church of the conference, which is how the conference become known as the "Chortitzer" church.
It is the only CMC Church that has continued to conduct services in the traditional format: singing is done with no musical instruments and the church service is conducted entirely in the German language. By 2010 the congregation's numbers had declined to the point where the conference planned to close the church.
Chortitzer Mennonite Conference. "Randolph CMC." Web. 3 July 2010. http://randolph.chortitzer.com/
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Thiessen, Richard D. "Randolph Chortitzer Mennonite Church (Randolph, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. July 2010. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/randolph_chortitzer_mennonite_church_randolph_manitoba_canada.
APA style: Thiessen, Richard D. (July 2010). Randolph Chortitzer Mennonite Church (Randolph, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/randolph_chortitzer_mennonite_church_randolph_manitoba_canada.