Alfalfa County (Oklahoma, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
Alfalfa County, OK US Census TIGER/Line map

Alfalfa County, located in the northwestern part of Oklahoma, was first settled by Mennonites in 1905. It once had two Mennonite churches, one of the General Conference and one of the Church of God in Christ, Mennonite. In 2006, only the Pleasant View Mennonite Church (CGCM) in Goltry remained. The Mennonite settlement in this county extends into Major County.


Author(s) J. W Bergen
Date Published 1955


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bergen, J. W. "Alfalfa County (Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1955. Web. 25 Sep 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Alfalfa_County_(Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=132577.

APA style

Bergen, J. W. (1955). Alfalfa County (Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 September 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Alfalfa_County_(Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=132577.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 51. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.