From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Campamento Arapey was an old deserted army camp in northwestern Uruguay about 375 miles (600 km) from Montevideo, where some 400 Danzig-West Prussian Mennonite immigrants were quartered temporarily on their arrival in Uruguay on 27 October 1948 until the first permanent settlement at El Ombu was made in 1950. It was in an inaccessible part of the country, in the midst of large tracts of cattle and sheep range. The nearest city, Salto, was approximately 55 miles (90 km) away.


Author(s) William T Snyder
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Snyder, William T. "Arapey (Uruguay)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 11 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Arapey_(Uruguay)&oldid=74897.

APA style

Snyder, William T. (1953). Arapey (Uruguay). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 11 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Arapey_(Uruguay)&oldid=74897.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 145. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.