From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:44, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

The Bair Mennonite Meetinghouse (Mennonite Church) is located three miles (six km) east of Hanover, York County, Pennsylvania. On 14 May 1775 Michael Danner, Sr., of Hanover, a York County Commissioner when the county was laid out, obtained from the Penn heirs with preachers John Shenk and Jacob Keagy, deacons John Welty and James Miller, 12 acres for a meetinghouse, schoolhouse, and burying ground. Possibly the Lutherans and Reformed had an interest in the schoolhouse. The first meetinghouse was used until 1860, and the second house until 1908, when the house used in the 1950s was erected. It was a part of the Hostetter-Hanover circuit of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference of which Richard Danner was bishop in the 1950s. The circuit membership was 122.

Additional Information

Address: 6925 York Road, Spring Grove, Pa.

Maps

Map:Bair Mennonite Meetinghouse (Spring Grove, Pennsylvania)


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1955


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Bair Mennonite Meetinghouse (Spring Grove, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1955. Web. 24 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bair_Mennonite_Meetinghouse_(Spring_Grove,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=75083.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1955). Bair Mennonite Meetinghouse (Spring Grove, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bair_Mennonite_Meetinghouse_(Spring_Grove,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=75083.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 214. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.