Bilthoven, a village in the Dutch province of Utrecht, where a Mennonite conference center or broederschapshuis was located, where Mennonites and others stayed for longer or shorter periods of vacation and also where conferences were held. The center, which was open throughout the year, was acquired in 1936 in operating condition by the Amsterdam and Utrecht congregations.
In Bilthoven there was also a Mennonite fellowship (kring), a subsidiary of the Utrecht congregation, organized in 1932. After 11 December 1949, regular worship services were held in this broederschapshuis; before this time annual communion services had been held in this building, except during the war, when the center was occupied by the German military authorities, and communion services were held in a private home. The membership of the fellowship totaled about 115 in 1953.
Reliwiki. "Bilthoven, Sweelincklaan 1 - Broederschapshuis Doopsgezinden." 7 April 2014. Web. 15 October 2014. http://reliwiki.nl/index.php/Bilthoven,_Sweelincklaan_1_-_Broederschapshuis_Doopsgezinden.
|Author(s)||Nanne van der Zijpp|
 Cite This Article
Zijpp, Nanne van der. "Bilthoven (Utrecht, Netherlands)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 29 May 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bilthoven_(Utrecht,_Netherlands)&oldid=126243.
Zijpp, Nanne van der. (1953). Bilthoven (Utrecht, Netherlands). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 May 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bilthoven_(Utrecht,_Netherlands)&oldid=126243.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.