Black Rock Retreat (Quarryville, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Black Rock Retreat Association, an association of members of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference, was organized in 1954 to own and operate a Mennonite camp. A tract of 50 acres along the Octoraro Creek, 1345 Kirkwood Pike, Quarryville, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, was purchased in 1954, and the Black Rock Retreat opened in 1956.

Additional Information

Black Rock Retreat website


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Black Rock Retreat (Quarryville, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 23 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Black_Rock_Retreat_(Quarryville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=75697.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Black Rock Retreat (Quarryville, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Black_Rock_Retreat_(Quarryville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=75697.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1066. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.