Blumenort Mennonite Church (Chortitz, Manitoba, Canada)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Blumenort Mennonite congregation at Chortitz, Manitoba dissolved in 1936. It had been affiliated with the Conference of Mennonites in Canada. The language of worship was German.

The congregation began services in the 1920s, and formally organized in 1928. The congregation originated through immigration from the Soviet Union.

See also Blumenort Mennonite Church (Manitoba, Canada)

Bibliography

Zacharias, Peter D. Footprints of a Pilgrim People: Story of the Blumenort Mennonite Church. Gretna: Blumenort Mennonite Church, 1985, 291 pp.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published September 1986


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Blumenort Mennonite Church (Chortitz, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 1986. Web. 18 Aug 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Blumenort_Mennonite_Church_(Chortitz,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=75774.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (September 1986). Blumenort Mennonite Church (Chortitz, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 August 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Blumenort_Mennonite_Church_(Chortitz,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=75774.




©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.