From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Blumenort Mennonite congregation at Hochfeld, Manitoba began services in 1923, and formally organized in 1925. The congregation originated through immigration from the Soviet Union.

The church was located seven miles south of Winkler. The congregation dissolved in 1944. It had been affiliated with the Conference of Mennonites in Canada (1926-1944) and the General Conference Mennonite Church (1927-1944). The language of worship was German.

The Hochfeld group dissolved when the exodus to Elm Creek began during the Depression.

See also Blumenort Mennonite Church (Manitoba, Canada)

[edit] Bibliography

Zacharias, Peter D. Footprints of a Pilgrim People: Story of the Blumenort Mennonite Church. Gretna: Blumenort Mennonite Church, 1985, 291 pp.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published September 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Blumenort Mennonite Church (Hochfeld, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 1986. Web. 3 May 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Blumenort_Mennonite_Church_(Hochfeld,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=75778.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (September 1986). Blumenort Mennonite Church (Hochfeld, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 3 May 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Blumenort_Mennonite_Church_(Hochfeld,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=75778.




©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.