Brubaker Schoolhouse (Snyder County, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Brubaker Schoolhouse in eastern Snyder County, Pennsylvania, was the second meeting place for the Graybill (later Cross Roads) congregation (Lancaster Mennonite Conference) during the early 1880s. Samuel Winey was the bishop, Thomas and Solomon Graybill the ministers, and Abel Shirk and John Overholtzer the deacons. Services were held here every four weeks. This congregation in 1890 built the Susquehanna Mennonite meetinghouse in 1890, where they still worship.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Brubaker Schoolhouse (Snyder County, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 26 Sep 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Brubaker_Schoolhouse_(Snyder_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=83874.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1953). Brubaker Schoolhouse (Snyder County, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 September 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Brubaker_Schoolhouse_(Snyder_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=83874.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 443. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.