From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Capilla del Monte Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church ) is located in Capilla del Monte, a town of approximately 5,000 inhabitants (9,000 in 2001), situated in the heart of the Cordoba hills in the province of Cordoba, Argentina. In 1935 D. P. Lantz and wife visited the town, distributed tracts and Gospel literature, and made some personal contacts. By 1941 the Argentine Mission decided to rent a room, where weekly meetings were then held. The Calvin Holderman family also cooperated in 1941. In 1942 the Argentine pastor Pablo Cavadore with his wife moved to this town. In due time a chapel and pastoral residence were constructed. Although there have been times of spiritual quickening, the 1952 membership was only 10.

[edit] Maps

Map:Capilla del Monte (Córdoba, Argentina)


Author(s) Nelson Litwiller
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Litwiller, Nelson. "Capilla del Monte Mennonite Church (Capilla del Monte, Córdoba, Argentina)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 28 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Capilla_del_Monte_Mennonite_Church_(Capilla_del_Monte,_C%C3%B3rdoba,_Argentina)&oldid=91338.

APA style

Litwiller, Nelson. (1953). Capilla del Monte Mennonite Church (Capilla del Monte, Córdoba, Argentina). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Capilla_del_Monte_Mennonite_Church_(Capilla_del_Monte,_C%C3%B3rdoba,_Argentina)&oldid=91338.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 512. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.