Cedar Hill Community Church (Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:47, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130816)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Cedal Hill Community Church began as the Cedar Hill Mission Sunday School (Mennonite Church), which opened in 1936 in a schoolhouse in West Donegal Township two miles (three km) north of the Good Church in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, under the Lancaster Mennonite Conference. Attendance in the mid-1950s was 40 with the summer Bible school attendance averaging 108.

This group became its own congregation in 1970 and moved to a new building in 1976. In 2009 the membership was 35.


Additional Information

Address: 5636 Bossler Road, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania

Phone: 717-367-4250

Denominational Affiliations:

Mennonite Church USA


Maps

Map:Cedar Hill Community Church (Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania)


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Cedar Hill Community Church (Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 19 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Cedar_Hill_Community_Church_(Elizabethtown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=55493.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1953). Cedar Hill Community Church (Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Cedar_Hill_Community_Church_(Elizabethtown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=55493.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 538. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.