From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:40, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search
Chariton County, Missouri U.S. Census TIGER/Line map
Chariton County, Missouri was the location of a Mennonite (Mennonite Church) settlement north of Brunswick, now extinct, to which Mennonites first moved in 1869. When J. S. Coffman held meetings there in 1890 he reported a membership of five, which included the families of J. L. Kreider and Fred Brunk. Earlier Beachtels and Overholts had lived in the community.

Bibliography

Herald of Truth (March 1870)


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Chariton County (Missouri, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 29 Jul 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Chariton_County_(Missouri,_USA)&oldid=86645.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1953). Chariton County (Missouri, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 July 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Chariton_County_(Missouri,_USA)&oldid=86645.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, pp. 548-549. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.