From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

The Delaware Mennonite Church (MC USA) of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference is located in the Juniata Valley, a few miles north of Thompsontown. As of the 1950s the congregation met both in the Delaware meetinghouse and in Lost Creek under the bishop oversight of William W. Graybill, and Donald Lauver as assistant bishop. The minister in 2007 was Glenn D. Hosler. The membership in 2007 was 50. The first meetinghouse was built in 1871. In 1953 a new one was built beside it. The older building was later used for a Christian day school.

[edit] Additional Information

Address (Meetinghouse): Rt. 333 & Delaware Church Rd., Thompsontown, Pa.

Phone: 717-463-3941

Denominational Affiliations:

Lancaster Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA

[edit] Map

Map:Delaware Mennonite Church (Thompsontown, Pennsylvania, USA)


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Delaware Mennonite Church (Thompsontown, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 29 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Delaware_Mennonite_Church_(Thompsontown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=120119.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1956). Delaware Mennonite Church (Thompsontown, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Delaware_Mennonite_Church_(Thompsontown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=120119.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, pp. 29-30. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.