From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130823)
 
(One intermediate revision by one user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
[[File:Faith-Hope-Charity.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''Invitation card to  
+
[[File:Faith-Hope-Charity.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''Invitation card to mission in 1907.<br />Source: First Mennonite Church (Vineland) collection, [https://uwaterloo.ca/mennonite-archives-ontario/ Mennonite Archives of Ontario]'']]     
 
+
The Faith Hope Charity Mission was located at 461 King St. East, [[Toronto (Ontario, Canada)|Toronto]], [[Ontario (Canada)|Ontario]]. The congregation dissolved in 1910. It had been affiliated with the [[Mennonite Conference of Ontario and Quebec|Mennonite Conference of Ontario]] (1907-1910). The language of worship was English.
mission in 1907.  
+
 
+
First Mennonite 
+
 
+
Church (Vineland)
+
 
+
collection, MAO'']]    461 King St. E., Toronto, ON. The congregation dissolved in 1910. It had been affiliated with the [[Mennonite Conference of Ontario and Quebec|Mennonite Conference of Ontario]] (1907-1910). The language of worship was English.
+
  
 
The congregation began services in 1907. Samuel Honderich is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by the Mennonite Conference of Ontario and the [[Mennonite Board of Missions (Mennonite Church)|Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities]].
 
The congregation began services in 1907. Samuel Honderich is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by the Mennonite Conference of Ontario and the [[Mennonite Board of Missions (Mennonite Church)|Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities]].
Line 13: Line 6:
 
The initial meeting place was at 75 Tate St. The move to King St. took place in November 1907, nine months later. Samuel Honderich was assisted by Lena Weber and [[Harder, Henry J. (1881-1961) &amp; Bernice Devitt Harder (1883-1945)|Bernice Devitt]] of Waterloo. This mission effort was replaced by [[Danforth Mennonite Church (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)|Danforth Mennonite Church]] in 1910.
 
The initial meeting place was at 75 Tate St. The move to King St. took place in November 1907, nine months later. Samuel Honderich was assisted by Lena Weber and [[Harder, Henry J. (1881-1961) &amp; Bernice Devitt Harder (1883-1945)|Bernice Devitt]] of Waterloo. This mission effort was replaced by [[Danforth Mennonite Church (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)|Danforth Mennonite Church]] in 1910.
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
Burkholder, L. J. <em class="gameo_bibliography">A Brief History of the Mennonites in Ontario.</em> Kitchener, Ont. : Mennonite Conference of Ontario, 1935: 111-114.
+
Burkholder, L. J. <em>A Brief History of the Mennonites in Ontario.</em> Kitchener, Ont. : Mennonite Conference of Ontario, 1935: 111-114.
  
Chapman, Harry. "History of Toronto Mission." 1928, Copied  by Carson Moyer, 1955, 8 pp. [http://grebel.uwaterloo.ca/mao/ Mennonite Archives of Ontario].
+
Chapman, Harry. "History of Toronto Mission." 1928, Copied  by Carson Moyer, 1955, 8 pp. [https://uwaterloo.ca/mennonite-archives-ontario/ Mennonite Archives of Ontario].
  
See Danforth collection at [http://grebel.uwaterloo.ca/mao/ Mennonite Archives of Ontario].
+
See Danforth collection at [https://uwaterloo.ca/mennonite-archives-ontario/ Mennonite Archives of Ontario].
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=January 1989|a1_last=Epp|a1_first=Marlene|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=January 1989|a1_last=Epp|a1_first=Marlene|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 +
 +
[[Category:Churches]]
 +
[[Category:Mennonite Church (MC) Congregations]]
 +
[[‎Category:Mennonite Conference of Ontario and Quebec Congregations]]
 +
[[‎Category:Ontario Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Canadian Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Extinct Congregations]]

Latest revision as of 16:34, 28 February 2014

Invitation card to mission in 1907.
Source: First Mennonite Church (Vineland) collection, Mennonite Archives of Ontario

The Faith Hope Charity Mission was located at 461 King St. East, Toronto, Ontario. The congregation dissolved in 1910. It had been affiliated with the Mennonite Conference of Ontario (1907-1910). The language of worship was English.

The congregation began services in 1907. Samuel Honderich is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by the Mennonite Conference of Ontario and the Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities.

The initial meeting place was at 75 Tate St. The move to King St. took place in November 1907, nine months later. Samuel Honderich was assisted by Lena Weber and Bernice Devitt of Waterloo. This mission effort was replaced by Danforth Mennonite Church in 1910.

[edit] Bibliography

Burkholder, L. J. A Brief History of the Mennonites in Ontario. Kitchener, Ont. : Mennonite Conference of Ontario, 1935: 111-114.

Chapman, Harry. "History of Toronto Mission." 1928, Copied  by Carson Moyer, 1955, 8 pp. Mennonite Archives of Ontario.

See Danforth collection at Mennonite Archives of Ontario.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published January 1989


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Faith Hope Charity Mission (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 26 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Faith_Hope_Charity_Mission_(Toronto,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=114455.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (January 1989). Faith Hope Charity Mission (Toronto, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Faith_Hope_Charity_Mission_(Toronto,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=114455.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.