From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130823)
(Update url and photo caption)
Line 1: Line 1:
[[File:Faith-Hope-Charity.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''Invitation card to  
+
[[File:Faith-Hope-Charity.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''Invitation card to mission in 1907.<br />Source: First Mennonite Church (Vineland) collection, [https://uwaterloo.ca/mennonite-archives-ontario/ Mennonite Archives of Ontario]'']]     
 
+
The Faith Hope Charity Mission was located at 461 King St. East, [[Toronto (Ontario, Canada)|Toronto]], [[Ontario (Canada)|Ontario]]. The congregation dissolved in 1910. It had been affiliated with the [[Mennonite Conference of Ontario and Quebec|Mennonite Conference of Ontario]] (1907-1910). The language of worship was English.
mission in 1907.  
+
 
+
First Mennonite 
+
 
+
Church (Vineland)
+
 
+
collection, MAO'']]    461 King St. E., Toronto, ON. The congregation dissolved in 1910. It had been affiliated with the [[Mennonite Conference of Ontario and Quebec|Mennonite Conference of Ontario]] (1907-1910). The language of worship was English.
+
  
 
The congregation began services in 1907. Samuel Honderich is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by the Mennonite Conference of Ontario and the [[Mennonite Board of Missions (Mennonite Church)|Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities]].
 
The congregation began services in 1907. Samuel Honderich is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by the Mennonite Conference of Ontario and the [[Mennonite Board of Missions (Mennonite Church)|Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities]].
Line 13: Line 6:
 
The initial meeting place was at 75 Tate St. The move to King St. took place in November 1907, nine months later. Samuel Honderich was assisted by Lena Weber and [[Harder, Henry J. (1881-1961) &amp; Bernice Devitt Harder (1883-1945)|Bernice Devitt]] of Waterloo. This mission effort was replaced by [[Danforth Mennonite Church (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)|Danforth Mennonite Church]] in 1910.
 
The initial meeting place was at 75 Tate St. The move to King St. took place in November 1907, nine months later. Samuel Honderich was assisted by Lena Weber and [[Harder, Henry J. (1881-1961) &amp; Bernice Devitt Harder (1883-1945)|Bernice Devitt]] of Waterloo. This mission effort was replaced by [[Danforth Mennonite Church (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)|Danforth Mennonite Church]] in 1910.
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
Burkholder, L. J. <em class="gameo_bibliography">A Brief History of the Mennonites in Ontario.</em> Kitchener, Ont. : Mennonite Conference of Ontario, 1935: 111-114.
+
Burkholder, L. J. <em>A Brief History of the Mennonites in Ontario.</em> Kitchener, Ont. : Mennonite Conference of Ontario, 1935: 111-114.
  
Chapman, Harry. "History of Toronto Mission." 1928, Copied  by Carson Moyer, 1955, 8 pp. [http://grebel.uwaterloo.ca/mao/ Mennonite Archives of Ontario].
+
Chapman, Harry. "History of Toronto Mission." 1928, Copied  by Carson Moyer, 1955, 8 pp. [https://uwaterloo.ca/mennonite-archives-ontario/ Mennonite Archives of Ontario].
  
See Danforth collection at [http://grebel.uwaterloo.ca/mao/ Mennonite Archives of Ontario].
+
See Danforth collection at [https://uwaterloo.ca/mennonite-archives-ontario/ Mennonite Archives of Ontario].
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=January 1989|a1_last=Epp|a1_first=Marlene|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=January 1989|a1_last=Epp|a1_first=Marlene|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Revision as of 20:52, 16 December 2013

Invitation card to mission in 1907.
Source: First Mennonite Church (Vineland) collection, Mennonite Archives of Ontario

The Faith Hope Charity Mission was located at 461 King St. East, Toronto, Ontario. The congregation dissolved in 1910. It had been affiliated with the Mennonite Conference of Ontario (1907-1910). The language of worship was English.

The congregation began services in 1907. Samuel Honderich is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by the Mennonite Conference of Ontario and the Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities.

The initial meeting place was at 75 Tate St. The move to King St. took place in November 1907, nine months later. Samuel Honderich was assisted by Lena Weber and Bernice Devitt of Waterloo. This mission effort was replaced by Danforth Mennonite Church in 1910.

Bibliography

Burkholder, L. J. A Brief History of the Mennonites in Ontario. Kitchener, Ont. : Mennonite Conference of Ontario, 1935: 111-114.

Chapman, Harry. "History of Toronto Mission." 1928, Copied  by Carson Moyer, 1955, 8 pp. Mennonite Archives of Ontario.

See Danforth collection at Mennonite Archives of Ontario.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published January 1989


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Faith Hope Charity Mission (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 3 Dec 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Faith_Hope_Charity_Mission_(Toronto,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=105036.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (January 1989). Faith Hope Charity Mission (Toronto, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 3 December 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Faith_Hope_Charity_Mission_(Toronto,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=105036.




©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.