From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Fisherville (Pennsylvania) Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), is now extinct. On 9 August 1874 the first services were held in a new meetinghouse three miles (five km) north of Halifax in Dauphin County, 28 miles north of Harrisburg. Slate Hill and Strickler ministers were in charge. With exclusively German preaching, the young people were lost by 1900 and the house was sold. In 1928 eight members from Virginia located here and church privileges were granted them from Slate Hill in an abandoned schoolhouse. By 1930 the group had scattered and services were discontinued.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Fisherville Mennonite Church (Halifax, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 30 Jan 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fisherville_Mennonite_Church_(Halifax,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=80844.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1956). Fisherville Mennonite Church (Halifax, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 January 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fisherville_Mennonite_Church_(Halifax,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=80844.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 334. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.