From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The congregation began services and formally organized in 1976. The first building was occupied in 1977, with a subsequent building program in 1984. Allan Friesen is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through urbanization from southern Manitoba.

Pastor Layton Friesen served in 2009 (since 2002) as a congregational leader. In 1985 there were 72 members; in 1995, 194; in 2000, 210. The congregation has been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Conference since 1977. The language of worship is English.

[edit] Bibliography

Celebrating God's Faithfulness: EMC Churches in Winnipeg. Winnipeg:1986: 33-40.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 602 Pasadena Avenue, Winnipeg, MB

Phone: 204-261-1084

Website: Fort Garry Evangelical Mennonite Church

Denominational Affiliations: Evangelical Mennonite Conference


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published September 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Fort Garry Evangelical Mennonite Church (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 1986. Web. 22 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fort_Garry_Evangelical_Mennonite_Church_(Winnipeg,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=87543.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (September 1986). Fort Garry Evangelical Mennonite Church (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fort_Garry_Evangelical_Mennonite_Church_(Winnipeg,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=87543.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.