From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Gouldtown, SK. Minister Melvin Epp served in the 1980s as a salaried congregational leader. In 1965 there were 61 members. The congregation withdrew from the Mennonite conferences in the 1980s. It had been affiliated with the Conference of Mennonites of Saskatchewan (1959-) and the General Conference Mennonite Church (-1985). The language of worship was English; the transition from German occurred in 1948.

The congregation began services in 1926, and formally organized in 1959. The first building was occupied in 1932. The congregation originated through division from Herbert Mennonite Church due to distance of travel for some members.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published August 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Gouldtown Mennonite Church (Gouldtown, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. August 1986. Web. 18 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Gouldtown_Mennonite_Church_(Gouldtown,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=87889.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (August 1986). Gouldtown Mennonite Church (Gouldtown, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Gouldtown_Mennonite_Church_(Gouldtown,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=87889.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.