From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

In 1895 a frame meetinghouse was built a mile west of the original Groffdale house, for the Martinite division. Joseph O. Wenger and Aaron Z. Sensenig were the bishops in 1955; Isaac N. Zimmerman and Eli Hursh, ministers; and Benjamin Hoover, the deacon. This group has no Sunday school, summer Bible school, evangelistic meetings, nor youth activities. It had 325 members in 1955.

The Weaverland Conference group (Old Order Mennonite), who separated from the above in 1926, differing chiefly in permitting the automobile and home conveniences and English preaching. Moses Horning and Joseph Hostetter were bishops in 1955; Abram Hoover and Samuel Martin, ministers; and Eli Nolt, deacon. The two groups had well over 400 members at that time.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Groffdale Old Order Mennonite Meetinghouse (Leola, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 11 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Groffdale_Old_Order_Mennonite_Meetinghouse_(Leola,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=81466.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1956). Groffdale Old Order Mennonite Meetinghouse (Leola, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 11 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Groffdale_Old_Order_Mennonite_Meetinghouse_(Leola,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=81466.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 587. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.