Klein Heubuden (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)
Until 1772 Klein Heubuden was located in what was known as Royal Prussia (also known as Polish Prussia) in the Kingdom of Poland. The First Partition of Poland in 1772 resulted in the creation of a new province in 1773, called West Prussia, in which Klein Heubuden was located. Klein Heubuden was situated in the district (Kreis) of Marienburg until the establishment of the Free City of Danzig in 1920. The village came under the control of Nazi Germany during World War II until February 1945, when it was occupied by Soviet forces and returned to Poland. In 2012 Klein Heubuden (now Stożki) was a settlement in the administrative district of Gmina Lichnowy, within Malbork County, Pomeranian Voivodeship.
The Prussian census of 1776 lists one Mennonite family by the name of Penner in Klein Heubuden.
Mennonites who were residents of Klein Heubuden were members of the Heubuden Mennonite Church.
Wikipedia. "Stożki, Pomeranian Voivodeship." Web. 15 December 2012. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sto%C5%BCki,_Pomeranian_Voivodeship.
Wolf, Hans-Jürgen. "Familienforschung in Westpreußen." Web. 15 December 2012. http://www.westpreussen.de/cms/ct/ortsverzeichnis/details.php?ID=1876.
|Author(s)||Richard D Thiessen|
|Date Published||December 2012|
Cite This Article
Thiessen, Richard D. "Klein Heubuden (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 2012. Web. 21 Sep 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Klein_Heubuden_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=95548.
Thiessen, Richard D. (December 2012). Klein Heubuden (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 September 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Klein_Heubuden_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=95548.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.