From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Meyers Mennonite Meetinghouse in Vineland, Ontario was located immediately west of the Moyer Mennonite cemetery.  The congregation dissolved in 1959. It had been affiliated with the Old Order Mennonites (1889-1930) and the Markham-Waterloo Mennonite Conference (1930-1959). The language of worship was English; the transition from German occurred in the 1940s.

The congregation began services in 1889. The congregation originated through division from the Moyer congregation (First Mennonite Church) at Vineland.

In 1925 there were 15 members.

Bishop Amsey Martin served in 1959 as the last congregational leader.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published May 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Meyers Mennonite Meetinghouse (Vineland, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. May 1986. Web. 30 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Meyers_Mennonite_Meetinghouse_(Vineland,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=115559.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (May 1986). Meyers Mennonite Meetinghouse (Vineland, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Meyers_Mennonite_Meetinghouse_(Vineland,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=115559.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.