Mils, a village near Hall, was one of the earliest centers of Anabaptism in Tyrol, Austria. In August 1529 in a forest near Mils 20 persons were seized in a worship service and taken to Hall on the Inn. On 14 September they were put into solitary confinement to prevent their encouraging each other. They received instruction in Catholic doctrine from Christoph Landtsperger, and most of them recanted. Two women, Anna Malerin and Ursula Ochsentreiberin, remaining constant to their faith, suffered a martyr's death.
Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon, 4 vols. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe: Schneider, 1913-1967: v. III, 138.
 Cite This Article
Hege, Christian. "Mils (Tyrol, Austria)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 31 Mar 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mils_(Tyrol,_Austria)&oldid=111101.
Hege, Christian. (1957). Mils (Tyrol, Austria). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 31 March 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mils_(Tyrol,_Austria)&oldid=111101.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.