Mission Quarterly (Periodical)
Mission Quarterly, German edition, Missions Quartalblatt, was a 16-page, 6x9 in., quarterly published by the Home and Foreign Mission boards of the General Conference Mennonite Church from September 1924 to February 1931. The German issues were published in March, June, September, and December, while the English edition was published in February, May, August, and November. Most of the content was duplicated in the two languages. Since the purpose of the periodical was to acquaint church members with mission fields and missionaries and to promote the missions cause, its contents consisted mainly of reports and letters from missionaries, information from the mission boards, and editorials emphasizing missions. The home missions editor was A. S. Shelly of Germantown, PA, until February 1928, when J. M. Regier of Pandora, Ohio, succeeded him. P. H. Richert of Goessel, Kansas, edited the foreign missions section. It was sent free of charge to all families in General Conference churches.
|Author(s)||John F Schmidt|
Cite This Article
Schmidt, John F. "Mission Quarterly (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 19 Mar 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mission_Quarterly_(Periodical)&oldid=123068.
Schmidt, John F. (1957). Mission Quarterly (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 March 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mission_Quarterly_(Periodical)&oldid=123068.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 709. All rights reserved.
©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.