From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Monroe First Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite Church), located in Monroe, Snohomish County, Washington, a member of the Pacific District Conference, was organized on 22 April 1918 with 33 charter members, with the help of P. R. Aeschliman. The first settlers came from Oklahoma and Kansas in 1911. The congregation purchased the 1950s church site in 1922. The hall, completely remodeled in 1946, seated 250. The membership in 1956 was 86, with George W. Kopper as pastor.


Author(s) George W Kopper
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Kopper, George W. "Monroe First Mennonite Church (Monroe, Washington, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 19 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Monroe_First_Mennonite_Church_(Monroe,_Washington,_USA)&oldid=90123.

APA style

Kopper, George W. (1957). Monroe First Mennonite Church (Monroe, Washington, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Monroe_First_Mennonite_Church_(Monroe,_Washington,_USA)&oldid=90123.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 741. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.