From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Mountain Lake Hospital, Mountain Lake, Minnesota, owned and operated by the Bethel Hospital Association, was established in September 1905 as the Mennonite (General Conference Mennonite) Hospital. In 1911 the hospital was affiliated with Bethel Deaconess Hospital of Newton, Kansas, and was then incorporated under the new name of Bethel Deaconess Hospital. On 5 June 1921, a new 21-bed hospital was dedicated. Several years later the relationship with the Newton hospital was dissolved and the Mountain Lake hospital was given its present name.

In the late 1950s the Bethel Hospital Association also operated the 55-bed Eventide Home, a home for the aged, which was built in 1950 across the street from the hospital. Both institutions were supported by the eight Mennonite churches of four different branches in the Mountain Lake community.


Author(s) W. E J.
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

J., W. E. "Mountain Lake Hospital (Mountain Lake, Minnesota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 5 Dec 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mountain_Lake_Hospital_(Mountain_Lake,_Minnesota,_USA)&oldid=83587.

APA style

J., W. E. (1959). Mountain Lake Hospital (Mountain Lake, Minnesota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 5 December 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mountain_Lake_Hospital_(Mountain_Lake,_Minnesota,_USA)&oldid=83587.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1110. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.