From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

New Holland Mennonite Church in New Holland, Pennsylvania in May 1946.
Source: Mennonite Community Photograph Collection, The Congregation (HM4-134 Box 1 photo 010.0-1).
Mennonite Church USA Archives, Goshen, Indiana
.
New Holland Mennonite Church, New Holland, PA
Source: Church website

The New Holland Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in eastern Lancaster County in New Holland, Pennsylvania, was organized for a number of retired farmers and nearby farmers from the Weaverland, Groffdale, and Hershey congregations. In 1910-1922 services were held in the Methodist church, with Noah H. Mack as minister. In 1922 a large meetinghouse was built in the town. Noah Sauder was the first local minister, ordained 20 December 1923. By the mid-1950s six ordinations had been held. Mahlon Witmer as bishop, and Noah N. Sauder and James H. Martin as ministers served a congregation of 258 members in 1956.

In 2002 there were 131 members.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 18 Western Avenue, New Holland, PA 17557

Phone: 717-354-0602

Website: http://newholland.pa.us.mennonite.net/

Denominational Affiliations: Lancaster Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA

[edit] Map

Map:18 Western Avenue, New Holland, PA 17557


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "New Holland Mennonite Church (New Holland, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 27 Sep 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Holland_Mennonite_Church_(New_Holland,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=117113.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). New Holland Mennonite Church (New Holland, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 September 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Holland_Mennonite_Church_(New_Holland,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=117113.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 862. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.