New Providence Mennonite Church (New Providence, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The New Providence Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA) is located in New Providence in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. By 1766 it had a log meetinghouse for the Groff, Eshleman, Herr, Funk, Brubaker, and Gochenauer families who had settled there. Johannes Bowman served them early as preacher. The Strasburg ministers helped them at first. In 1882 they built the Mechanic Grove meetinghouse for their southern constituency. Jacob T. Harnish as bishop, Abram D. Metzler and A. Clyde Hostetter as ministers served this congregation of 137 members in 1956. In 2006 there were 67 members.

Additional Information

Address: 121 Main St, New Providence, PA 17560

Telephone: 717-786-4233

Website:

Denominational Affiliations: Lancaster Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA

Map

Map:New Providence Mennonite Church (New Providence, Pennsylvania, USA)


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "New Providence Mennonite Church (New Providence, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 22 Oct 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Providence_Mennonite_Church_(New_Providence,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=117040.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). New Providence Mennonite Church (New Providence, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 October 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Providence_Mennonite_Church_(New_Providence,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=117040.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 863. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.