From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Church of God in Christ, Mennonite Church, located two miles (three km) west and four miles (6.5 km) south of Ithaca, Michigan, originated in the 1880s when the Brown, Diller, Peters, Eicher, Gable, and other families settled here and held services in their homes. Jacob Litwiller, F. C. Fricke, and Peter Litwiller of an adjoining congregation were ordained to the ministry in the early 1890s. F. C. Fricke served as elder for many years. In 1902 a church was built, replaced by a larger church in 1920, which was remodeled and enlarged in 1947 and again in 1954. The membership in 1957 was 265 (in 2005 the membership was 177). Nine other ministers and five deacons had been ordained by the church up to that point; Glenn Litwiller was the presiding minister in 1957.  The ministry was unsalaried.


Author(s) Clara Miller
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Miller, Clara. "Newark Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Ithaca, Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 26 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Newark_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(Ithaca,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=113854.

APA style

Miller, Clara. (1957). Newark Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Ithaca, Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Newark_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(Ithaca,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=113854.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 865. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.