From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
The Nordheim Mennonite Church group in [[Saskatchewan (Canada)|Saskatchewan]], located about 30 miles (50 km) south of [[Saskatoon (Saskatchewan, Canada)|Saskatoon]], was one of the first churches to be organized after the immigration of Russian Mennonites in 1923. It began in 1925 under the leadership of Elder [[Klassen, Johann J. (1872-1942)|Johann J. Klassen]], an immigrant from Russia. This congregation had four meeting places (churches): in the village of [[Dundurn Mennonite Church (Dundurn, Saskatchewan, Canada)|Dundurn]]; the [[Pleasant Point Mennonite Church (Clavet, Saskatchewan, Canada)|Pleasant Point Church]], 50 miles (80 km) northeast of Dundurn; the [[Hanley Mennonite Church (Hanley, Saskatchewan, Canada)|Hanley Church]], 10 miles (16 km) west of Hanley; and the fourth, 11 miles (18 km) east of [[Nordheimer Mennonite Church (Elbow, Saskatchewan, Canada)|Elbow]]. The latter meetinghouse was owned jointly by the [[Mennonite Brethren Church|Mennonite Brethren]] and the [[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonites]]. This cluster of congregations belonged to the [[Conference of Mennonites in Canada|Conference of Mennonites in Canada]]. It had 285 baptized members in 1956, with G. J. Warkentin as minister in charge.
 
The Nordheim Mennonite Church group in [[Saskatchewan (Canada)|Saskatchewan]], located about 30 miles (50 km) south of [[Saskatoon (Saskatchewan, Canada)|Saskatoon]], was one of the first churches to be organized after the immigration of Russian Mennonites in 1923. It began in 1925 under the leadership of Elder [[Klassen, Johann J. (1872-1942)|Johann J. Klassen]], an immigrant from Russia. This congregation had four meeting places (churches): in the village of [[Dundurn Mennonite Church (Dundurn, Saskatchewan, Canada)|Dundurn]]; the [[Pleasant Point Mennonite Church (Clavet, Saskatchewan, Canada)|Pleasant Point Church]], 50 miles (80 km) northeast of Dundurn; the [[Hanley Mennonite Church (Hanley, Saskatchewan, Canada)|Hanley Church]], 10 miles (16 km) west of Hanley; and the fourth, 11 miles (18 km) east of [[Nordheimer Mennonite Church (Elbow, Saskatchewan, Canada)|Elbow]]. The latter meetinghouse was owned jointly by the [[Mennonite Brethren Church|Mennonite Brethren]] and the [[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonites]]. This cluster of congregations belonged to the [[Conference of Mennonites in Canada|Conference of Mennonites in Canada]]. It had 285 baptized members in 1956, with G. J. Warkentin as minister in charge.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 912|date=1957|a1_last=Warkentin|a1_first=G. J|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 912|date=1957|a1_last=Warkentin|a1_first=G. J|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Latest revision as of 18:53, 20 August 2013

The Nordheim Mennonite Church group in Saskatchewan, located about 30 miles (50 km) south of Saskatoon, was one of the first churches to be organized after the immigration of Russian Mennonites in 1923. It began in 1925 under the leadership of Elder Johann J. Klassen, an immigrant from Russia. This congregation had four meeting places (churches): in the village of Dundurn; the Pleasant Point Church, 50 miles (80 km) northeast of Dundurn; the Hanley Church, 10 miles (16 km) west of Hanley; and the fourth, 11 miles (18 km) east of Elbow. The latter meetinghouse was owned jointly by the Mennonite Brethren and the General Conference Mennonites. This cluster of congregations belonged to the Conference of Mennonites in Canada. It had 285 baptized members in 1956, with G. J. Warkentin as minister in charge.


Author(s) G. J Warkentin
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Warkentin, G. J. "Nordheim Mennonite Church Group (Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 24 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Nordheim_Mennonite_Church_Group_(Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=76412.

APA style

Warkentin, G. J. (1957). Nordheim Mennonite Church Group (Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Nordheim_Mennonite_Church_Group_(Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=76412.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 912. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.