From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The North Unity Church of God in Christ, Mennonite, congregation located west of Langdon, Cavalier County, North Dakota, began with the coming of Jacob Toews in 1888, at which time the services were conducted in the homes. A Sunday school was organized in 1923. The 1950s church building was purchased in 1926. In 1921 Peter Toews was ordained and became the residing minister; until that time the church was served by adjoining congregations. The membership, of Dutch and Norwegian descent, was 31 in 1956.


Author(s) Peter P Toews
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Toews, Peter P. "North Unity Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Langdon, North Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 29 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=North_Unity_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(Langdon,_North_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=76455.

APA style

Toews, Peter P. (1957). North Unity Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Langdon, North Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=North_Unity_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(Langdon,_North_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=76455.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.