Oak Shade Mennonite Church (Quarryville, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Oak Shade Mennonite Church, 2017.
Photo by Collin Miller

Oak Shade Mennonite Church, located in the Baptist Chapel, Kirkwood, Route 1, Lancaster County, PA, was opened by the Mennonites (Mennonite Church) in 1923, with Abram L. Huber in charge. The results among the Scottish-Irish here were somewhat disappointing and the work closed in late 1930. But when more Mennonites moved into southern Lancaster County it was reopened on 14 May 1933. In 1957 the membership was 35. It is the southern end of the Jacob L. Harnish Bishop District. Ray S. Yost and Mervin A. Good were the ministers.

In 1999 Oak Shade became one of 15 Lancaster Conference congregations that withdrew to form the Keystone Mennonite Fellowship. The Keystone congregations did not like the direction of the 1995 Confession of Faith in a Mennonite Perspective, and continued to adhere to the 1963 Mennonite Confession of Faith.


Author(s) Ira D. Landis
Sam Steiner
Date Published October 2017


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. and Sam Steiner. "Oak Shade Mennonite Church (Quarryville, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. October 2017. Web. 20 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Oak_Shade_Mennonite_Church_(Quarryville,_Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=155434.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. and Sam Steiner. (October 2017). Oak Shade Mennonite Church (Quarryville, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Oak_Shade_Mennonite_Church_(Quarryville,_Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=155434.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 2. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.