From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Oldehove, a hamlet in the Dutch province of Groningen, was shortly after 1530 a center of Anabaptist activity. Later on there were a number of Mennonites here, who with Mennonites of some neighboring hamlets formed the congregation of Humsterland, also called the Oldehove congregation. According to tradition there was a small meetinghouse at Oldehove. During the mid-1950s the Mennonites living here belonged to the Noordhorn congregation, a special Mennonite circle of Oldehove-Saaxum-Ezinge having been founded in 1947.

[edit] Bibliography

Doopsgezinde Bijdragen (1861): 152.


Author(s) Nanne van der Zijpp
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Zijpp, Nanne van der. "Oldehove (Groningen, Netherlands)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 25 Aug 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Oldehove_(Groningen,_Netherlands)&oldid=126282.

APA style

Zijpp, Nanne van der. (1959). Oldehove (Groningen, Netherlands). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 August 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Oldehove_(Groningen,_Netherlands)&oldid=126282.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 52. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.