From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Onecho Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), originally known as the First Mennonite Church of Colfax, located at Colfax, Whitman County, WA, was organized in July 1893 by J. B. Baer with 24 members of Swiss origin. Paul Aeschliman, the first elder, served for 44 years. He was followed by W. Harley King in 1936 and by P. D. Unruh in 1946. The first church erected in 1895 was replaced by a new building in 1926. The congregation was a member of the Pacific District Conference. In 1954 it had a membership of 134.


Author(s) P. D Unruh
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Unruh, P. D. "Onecho Mennonite Church (Colfax, Whitman County, Washington, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 29 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Onecho_Mennonite_Church_(Colfax,_Whitman_County,_Washington,_USA)&oldid=76656.

APA style

Unruh, P. D. (1959). Onecho Mennonite Church (Colfax, Whitman County, Washington, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Onecho_Mennonite_Church_(Colfax,_Whitman_County,_Washington,_USA)&oldid=76656.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 61. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.