From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:55, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Peake Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located 2 miles northwest of Hinton, VA, a rural mission church of the Middle District of the Virginia Mennonite Conference, began in 1915 when a Sunday school was organized in a schoolhouse in this highland area. A congregation was established in 1923. Kent Shank and Joseph A. Brunk, active Sunday-school workers, asked permission of the Middle District Council to build the meetinghouse. This was granted if the necessary funds could be raised. H. B. Keener followed by Snively Martin served as pastors of this church for many years; James Shank served here 1947-57. Dewitt Heatwole was the pastor in 1958 with a membership of 47.


Author(s) Harry A Brunk
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Brunk, Harry A. "Peake Mennonite Church (Hinton, Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 30 Sep 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Peake_Mennonite_Church_(Hinton,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=76924.

APA style

Brunk, Harry A. (1959). Peake Mennonite Church (Hinton, Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 September 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Peake_Mennonite_Church_(Hinton,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=76924.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 131. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.