From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Pleasant View Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church is located on the northeast edge of Goltry, Alfalfa County, Oklahoma. The first members settled here in 1900. The congregation was organized in 1905, using a district school for a place of worship until 1935, when the present church was built. In the early years the church was served by ministers from Kansas. A Sunday school was organized in 1923, and a sewing circle in 1940. The majority of the members are farmers and industrial workers. In 1958 Reuben J. Koehn and Leroy Wedel were the ministers, with a membership of 45.


Author(s) Reuben J Koehn
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Koehn, Reuben J. "Pleasant View Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church (Goltry, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 29 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pleasant_View_Church_of_God_in_Christ_Mennonite_Church_(Goltry,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=84050.

APA style

Koehn, Reuben J. (1959). Pleasant View Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church (Goltry, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pleasant_View_Church_of_God_in_Christ_Mennonite_Church_(Goltry,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=84050.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 191. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.