From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Port Elgin Missionary Church began services in 1868, and formally organized about 1875. Solomon Eby is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through division from Port Elgin Mennonite and the Mennonite Conference of Ontario.

In 1900 there were 41 members; in 1925, 19; in 1950, 40; in 1975, 35; in 1985, 35; in 1995, 31; in 2000, 40. The congregation has been affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren in Christ (-1947), United Missionary Church (1947-1969), The Missionary Church (1969-1993), and the Evangelical Missionary Church, Canada East (1993-). The language of worship is English.

The church is located at 659 Gustavus St., Port Elgin, ON, N0H 2C0. (519) 832-5607. Pastor Gary Harvey served in 2001 as a congregational leader.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published December 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Port Elgin Missionary Church (Port Elgin, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 1986. Web. 21 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Port_Elgin_Missionary_Church_(Port_Elgin,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=77063.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (December 1986). Port Elgin Missionary Church (Port Elgin, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Port_Elgin_Missionary_Church_(Port_Elgin,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=77063.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.