From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 4: Line 4:
  
 
The church building was completely destroyed by fire 27 June 1963.
 
The church building was completely destroyed by fire 27 June 1963.
 
 
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
 
<em class="gameo_bibliography">Canadian Mennonite </em>(28 June 1963): 3; (21 January 1964): 3.
 
<em class="gameo_bibliography">Canadian Mennonite </em>(28 June 1963): 3; (21 January 1964): 3.
Line 12: Line 10:
  
 
<h3>Archival Records</h3> Church records at church and the Evangelical Mennonite Conference Archives.
 
<h3>Archival Records</h3> Church records at church and the Evangelical Mennonite Conference Archives.
 
 
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
 
<strong>Location</strong>: Highway 210, 1/2 km west of the corner of Highway 206 and Highway 210
 
<strong>Location</strong>: Highway 210, 1/2 km west of the corner of Highway 206 and Highway 210
Line 22: Line 18:
  
 
<strong>Website</strong>: [http://www.mts.net/~premc/ Prairie Rose Evangelical Mennonite Church]
 
<strong>Website</strong>: [http://www.mts.net/~premc/ Prairie Rose Evangelical Mennonite Church]
 
 
 
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=February 1989|a1_last=Reimer|a1_first=David P.|a2_last=Epp|a2_first=Marlene}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=February 1989|a1_last=Reimer|a1_first=David P.|a2_last=Epp|a2_first=Marlene}}

Latest revision as of 18:56, 20 August 2013

The Prairie Rose Evangelical Mennonite congregation began services in 1920. The first building was occupied in 1920 with subsequent building programs in 1944 and 1963. H. R. Reimer is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through colonization from the Steinbach area in a search for more land.

In 1965 there were 297 members; in 1975, 315; in 1985, 355; in 1995, 356; in 2000, 411. The congregation has been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Conference. The language of worship is English; the transition from German occurred in the 1940s-1950s.

The church building was completely destroyed by fire 27 June 1963.

Contents

[edit] Bibliography

Canadian Mennonite (28 June 1963): 3; (21 January 1964): 3.

The Messenger (13 May 1988): 4.

Archival Records

Church records at church and the Evangelical Mennonite Conference Archives.

[edit] Additional Information

Location: Highway 210, 1/2 km west of the corner of Highway 206 and Highway 210

Mailing Address: Box 130, Landmark, MB R0A 0X0

Telephone: 204-355-4511

Website: Prairie Rose Evangelical Mennonite Church


Author(s) David P. Reimer
Marlene Epp
Date Published February 1989


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Reimer, David P. and Marlene Epp. "Prairie Rose Evangelical Mennonite Church (Landmark, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 22 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Prairie_Rose_Evangelical_Mennonite_Church_(Landmark,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=77076.

APA style

Reimer, David P. and Marlene Epp. (February 1989). Prairie Rose Evangelical Mennonite Church (Landmark, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Prairie_Rose_Evangelical_Mennonite_Church_(Landmark,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=77076.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.