Rawlinsville Mennonite Church (Rawlinsville, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Rawlinsville Mennonite Church, 2017.
Photo by Collin Miller

Rawlinsville Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), a member of the Lancaster Conference, began in 1929 under the ministry of the Byerland-New Danville District when it leased the old Muddy Run Presbyterian meetinghouse which had been a Presbyterian center 1742-1916. In 1948 a new brick church was built by the District and the Mission Board. In 1958 David N. Thomas was bishop, and John Miller minister, assisted by Amos M. Hess; the membership numbered 61. A few Puerto Rican families (four of whom are members) are included in this community, served by the County Migrant Pastor.

In 1999 Rawlinsville became one of 15 Lancaster Conference congregations that withdrew to form the Keystone Mennonite Fellowship. The Keystone congregations did not like the direction of the 1995 Confession of Faith in a Mennonite Perspective, and continued to adhere to the 1963 Mennonite Confession of Faith.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Sam Steiner
Date Published October 2017


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D and Sam Steiner. "Rawlinsville Mennonite Church (Rawlinsville, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. October 2017. Web. 25 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Rawlinsville_Mennonite_Church_(Rawlinsville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=155431.

APA style

Landis, Ira D and Sam Steiner. (October 2017). Rawlinsville Mennonite Church (Rawlinsville, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Rawlinsville_Mennonite_Church_(Rawlinsville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=155431.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 257. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.