From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Rawlinsville Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]), a member of the [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Conference]], began in 1929 under the ministry of the Byerland-New Danville District when it leased the old Muddy Run Presbyterian meetinghouse which had been a Presbyterian center 1742-1916. In 1948 a new brick church was built by the District and the Mission Board. In 1958 David N. Thomas was bishop, and John Miller minister, assisted by Amos M. Hess; the membership numbered 61. A few [[Puerto Rico|Puerto Rican]] families (four of whom are members) are included in this community, served by the County Migrant Pastor.
 
Rawlinsville Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]), a member of the [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Conference]], began in 1929 under the ministry of the Byerland-New Danville District when it leased the old Muddy Run Presbyterian meetinghouse which had been a Presbyterian center 1742-1916. In 1948 a new brick church was built by the District and the Mission Board. In 1958 David N. Thomas was bishop, and John Miller minister, assisted by Amos M. Hess; the membership numbered 61. A few [[Puerto Rico|Puerto Rican]] families (four of whom are members) are included in this community, served by the County Migrant Pastor.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 257|date=1959|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 257|date=1959|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Latest revision as of 19:29, 20 August 2013

Rawlinsville Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), a member of the Lancaster Conference, began in 1929 under the ministry of the Byerland-New Danville District when it leased the old Muddy Run Presbyterian meetinghouse which had been a Presbyterian center 1742-1916. In 1948 a new brick church was built by the District and the Mission Board. In 1958 David N. Thomas was bishop, and John Miller minister, assisted by Amos M. Hess; the membership numbered 61. A few Puerto Rican families (four of whom are members) are included in this community, served by the County Migrant Pastor.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Rawlinsville Mennonite Church (Rawlinsville, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 6 Dec 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Rawlinsville_Mennonite_Church_(Rawlinsville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=84335.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1959). Rawlinsville Mennonite Church (Rawlinsville, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 6 December 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Rawlinsville_Mennonite_Church_(Rawlinsville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=84335.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 257. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.