From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Slavgorod Mennonite Zentralschule was first established in Slavgorod, Siberia, in 1917 through the Deutscher Verein with Franz F. Fröse, Aron Rempel, and Miss Neumann as teachers. This school operated only one year. In 1918 the Mennonite Church established a Zentralschule in Orloff with Heinrich D. Willms and Anna A. Chechulin as teachers. The Mennonite Brethren established a Zentralschule in Schöntal with Gerhard Fast and Olga G. Pobedimov as teachers. After the first year the schools were merged and transferred to Gnadenheim. Heinrich D. Willms and Eugenia G. Pobedimov served as teachers. In 1921-22 Jacob Wedel taught German and Bible. Wassily S. Modin and his son and daughter were also on the teaching staff. After this the school was closed.

Sponsored by Heinrich Wiens, of Grishkovka, the proprietor of a mill, Anton A. Löwen started a Zentralschule in 1918. Löwen's death in 1921 was soon followed by the death of the sponsor, and the school was discontinued. By this time it had become impossible to maintain a religious secondary school in Siberia.

[edit] Bibliography

Fast, Gerhard. In den Steppen Sibiriens. Rosthern, 1957: 87.


Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius. "Slavgorod Mennonite Zentralschule (Slavgorod Mennonite Settlement, Siberia, Russia)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 19 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Slavgorod_Mennonite_Zentralschule_(Slavgorod_Mennonite_Settlement,_Siberia,_Russia)&oldid=85028.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius. (1959). Slavgorod Mennonite Zentralschule (Slavgorod Mennonite Settlement, Siberia, Russia). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Slavgorod_Mennonite_Zentralschule_(Slavgorod_Mennonite_Settlement,_Siberia,_Russia)&oldid=85028.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 543. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.