From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Stanley Old Order congregation near Zurich, Ontario began services in 1889. The congregation originated through division from Hay Mennonite Church and the Mennonite Conference of Ontario over concern about revivalism, use of the English language in worship and the beginning of Sunday school.

The group met in the home of Daniel B. Steckle. The congregation dissolved in 1960 when the last member, Daniel Steckle, died. It had been affiliated with the Old Order Mennonites (1889-1960). The language of worship was German.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published April 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Stanley Old Order Mennonite Church (Zurich, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 2 Aug 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Stanley_Old_Order_Mennonite_Church_(Zurich,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=115626.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (April 1986). Stanley Old Order Mennonite Church (Zurich, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 2 August 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Stanley_Old_Order_Mennonite_Church_(Zurich,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=115626.




©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.