From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Stayner Evangelical Missionary congregation at Stayner, Ontario formally organized in 1881. The first building was occupied in 1890, with a subsequent building program in 1964. The congregation originated through outreach by the Mennonite Brethren in Christ.

In 1900 there were 71 members; in 1925, 72; in 1950, 98; in 1975, 133; in 1985, 131; in 1995, 84; in 2000, 69. The congregation has been affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren in Christ Church (1883-1947), the United Missionary Church (1947-69), the Missionary Church (1969-93), and the Evangelical Missionary Church, Canada East (1993-). The language of worship is English.

The congregation's address is Box 1270, 295 Main St. E., Stayner, ON, L0M 1S0. (705) 428-3741. Pastor Rob Harwood served in 2013 as a congregational leader.

[edit] Bibliography

History of Missionary Church at Stayner, Mennonite Archives of Ontario.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published December 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Stayner Evangelical Missionary Church (Stayner, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 1986. Web. 28 Jul 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Stayner_Evangelical_Missionary_Church_(Stayner,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=105177.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (December 1986). Stayner Evangelical Missionary Church (Stayner, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 July 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Stayner_Evangelical_Missionary_Church_(Stayner,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=105177.




©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.