The Tippecanoe settlement of the Groffdale Old Order Mennonite Conference began in Fulton and Marshall counties, Indiana in 1992 as a daughter settlement of the Elkhart County congregations. People moved to this area due to the shortage and high cost of available farmland in Elkhart County. As of 1 January 2011 the ministry in Fulton-Marshall included bishop Mark K. Ramer (ordained minister, 1998; bishop, 2005), ministers John M. Martin (ordained 1996), Earl W. Zimmerman (ordained 2006), and Lewis S. Ramer (ordained 2010), and deacon Jonathan R. Weaver (ordained 1999). These ministers and deacons alternated every Sunday in both meetinghouses. As of 1 January 2011 the settlement had approximately 58 households.
 Tippecanoe Old Order Mennonite Meetinghouse
The Tippecanoe meetinghouse was built in 1996 along County Road 350E. In 2004 it was expanded to the size of 42 feet by 58 feet.
 Richland Center Old Order Mennonite Meetinghouse
The Richland Center meetinghouse was built in 2010 along County Road 150W. It measured 40 feet by 60 feet.
Groffdale Conference Mennonite Church Schedules.
Records of ordinations of the Old Order Mennonites, Groffdale Conference churches, 1750 to 2010. East Earl, PA: [Earl Z. Weaver?], 2010.
|Author(s)||Jonathan H Martin|
|Date Published||February 2012|
 Cite This Article
Martin, Jonathan H. "Tippecanoe Old Order Mennonite Settlement (Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 2012. Web. 26 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Tippecanoe_Old_Order_Mennonite_Settlement_(Indiana,_USA)&oldid=102358.
Martin, Jonathan H. (February 2012). Tippecanoe Old Order Mennonite Settlement (Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Tippecanoe_Old_Order_Mennonite_Settlement_(Indiana,_USA)&oldid=102358.
©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.