From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Trementina (New Mexico) Church of God in Christ, Mennonite Spanish Mission, now extinct, was organized in 1944 through the efforts of the Western District Mission Board and other workers. In 1945 it became a General Mission project. Jake Dirksen was its first pastor and superintendent. In 1948 Jaun Estrada was ordained as minister and became the presiding pastor. At that time the membership was 14 and the Sunday-school enrollment 24. Both the Spanish and the English languages were used in the Sunday school and worship services. It became extinct in 1952 when the last members moved to Tucumcari, a city near by.


Author(s) E. F H.
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

H., E. F. "Trementina Church of God in Christ, Mennonite Spanish Mission (Trementina, New Mexico, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 21 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Trementina_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_Spanish_Mission_(Trementina,_New_Mexico,_USA)&oldid=78271.

APA style

H., E. F. (1959). Trementina Church of God in Christ, Mennonite Spanish Mission (Trementina, New Mexico, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Trementina_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_Spanish_Mission_(Trementina,_New_Mexico,_USA)&oldid=78271.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 746. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.