From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Winnipeg City Mission of the Mennonite Brethren Church had its beginning when John Warkentin of Winkler, Manitoba presented a report to the Canadian Mennonite Brethren Conference about the Mennonite Brethren and Baptists residing in Winnipeg who had no church affiliation. In 1913 the Conference stationed W. J. Bestvater as its first city missionary in Winnipeg. A small church building was purchased, but as the work grew, larger meeting places were provided. After Bestvater, the following served as missionaries: E. H. Nickel 1921-25; C. N. Hiebert 1925-41, and William Falk 1941-    . The work had reached every section of the city. The Mary-Martha Home was also a branch of this mission.


Author(s) G. D Huebert
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Huebert, G. D. "Winnipeg City Mission (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 30 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Winnipeg_City_Mission_(Winnipeg,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=86160.

APA style

Huebert, G. D. (1959). Winnipeg City Mission (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Winnipeg_City_Mission_(Winnipeg,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=86160.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 962. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.