Gracevale Hutterite Colony (Winfred, South Dakota, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Gracevale Hutterite Bruderhof of the Schmiedeleut branch, established in 1948 near Winfred, Lake County, South Dakota, with ten families from Tschetter Bruderhof. Sam Wipf was chosen to the ministry here in 1950 and ordained in 1957. The colony had a population of 71 in 1950 and 104 souls with 30 baptized members in 1958.

Daughter colonies of the Gracevale Hutterite Colony include: Rolland Hutterite Colony (White, South Dakota); Cloverleaf Hutterite Colony (Cloverleaf, South Dakota, USA); and Cambridge Hutterite Colony (Volga, South Dakota, USA).

In 2017 Gracevale Hutterite Colony was a Schmiedeleut Group 2 colony.

Additional Information

Location

Winfred, South Dakota (coordinates: 43.928970, -97.287390 [43°55'44.3"N 97°17'14.6"W ])

Address

23843 - 446A Ave., Winfred, SD 57076

Switchboard Phone

605-256-2267

Managers and Ministers

Manager Minister Years
Paul Hofer Jr. Samuel Hofer 1999
Paul Hofer Jr. Samuel Hofer 2015
Paul Hofer Jr. Mark Hofer 2017
Paul Hofer Jr. Mark Hofer 2018

Map

Map:Gracevale Hutterite Colony, Winfred, South Dakota


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
David Decker
Bert Friesen
Date Published May 2018



Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin, David Decker and Bert Friesen. "Gracevale Hutterite Colony (Winfred, South Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. May 2018. Web. 24 Sep 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Gracevale_Hutterite_Colony_(Winfred,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=160706.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin, David Decker and Bert Friesen. (May 2018). Gracevale Hutterite Colony (Winfred, South Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 September 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Gracevale_Hutterite_Colony_(Winfred,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=160706.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 561; vol. 4, p. 1088. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.