Mennonite Land Settlement Board

From GAMEO
Revision as of 03:22, 13 December 2016 by RichardThiessen (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The Mennonite Land Settlement Board was organized in July 1924 to take over from the Canadian Mennonite Board of Colonization the work of land settlement. It had nine members, three each from the Canadian Mennonite Board of Colonization, the Central Mennonite Immigration Committee, and the Canadian Pacific Railway. Its work was financed by the Canada Colonization Association, a subsidiary of the Canadian Pacific Railway. In 1929 the Board was discontinued and its work taken over by the Canada Colonization Association. The original executive committee was David Toews, chairman, T. O. F. Herzer, and A. A. Friesen.


Author(s) Jacob Gerbrandt
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gerbrandt, Jacob. "Mennonite Land Settlement Board." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 3 Jun 2020. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Land_Settlement_Board&oldid=141830.

APA style

Gerbrandt, Jacob. (1957). Mennonite Land Settlement Board. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 3 June 2020, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Land_Settlement_Board&oldid=141830.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 630. All rights reserved.


©1996-2020 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.