Palamau (Bihar, India)
Palamau, a political district in the state of Bihar, India, on the west side of Hazaribagh District. Its southern section comprises the western part of the Bihar Mennonite (Mennonite Church) Mission field. In 1956 there were three mission stations in this field, Latehar, Chandwa, and Bathet. The Palamau field was acquired from the British Churches of Christ Mission. Evangelistic, medical, and educational work are done. There are a number of small village congregations and schools administered by the missionaries and Indian workers. The following missionaries have served in this field with their families: John E. Beachy, Henry D. Becker, S. J. Hostetler, Paul Kniss, S. Allen Shirk, and M. C. Vogt. The Indian evangelists and teachers in 1956 were Kishore Bakhla, Herem Bhengara, D. M. Lakras, Masihdas Minz, Phulchand Minz, Premlata Royan, Daniel Tirki, Joel Tirki, Rabi Tirki, and A. M. Toponos.
|Author(s)||S. Jay Hostetler|
Cite This Article
Hostetler, S. Jay. "Palamau (Bihar, India)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 17 Jul 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Palamau_(Bihar,_India)&oldid=127600.
Hostetler, S. Jay. (1959). Palamau (Bihar, India). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 July 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Palamau_(Bihar,_India)&oldid=127600.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 106. All rights reserved.
©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.