Sandhills Hutterite Colony (Beiseker, Alberta, Canada)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Sandhill Hutterite Bruderhof, near Beiseker, Alberta, belonging to the Dariusleut branch, was founded in 1936 by a group from the Springvale Hutterite Colony, with the preacher Jacob K. Wurz. The Sandhill Bruderhof has in turn founded the Ferrybank Colony at Ponaka, Alberta, and is in process of establishing a Bruderhof at Leask, Saskatchewan. Ministers ordained by Sandhill are Frank A. Wollman and John M. Wurz. In 1958 the baptized membership was 46, and the total number of souls 160.

Daughter colonies of the Sandhill Hutterite Colony include: Ferrybank Hutterite Colony (Ponoka, Alberta, Canada); Leask Hutterite Colony (Leask, Saskatchewan, Canada); Morinville Hutterite Colony (Alcomdale, Alberta, Canada); Eagle Creek Hutterite Colony (Langham, Saskatchewan, Canada); and Birch Meadows Hutterite Colony (Eaglesham, Alberta, Canada).

In 2017 Sandhills Hutterite Colony was a Dariusleut colony.

Additional Information

Location

Beiseker, Alberta (coordinates: 51.3356, -113.375  [51° 20' 08" N, 113° 22' 30" W])

Address

Box 249, Beiseker, AB T0M 0G0

Phone

403-947-2042

Managers and Ministers

Manager Minister Years
Solomon R. Wurz 2006
Mike C. Wurz Andrew M. Wurz 2010
Mike C. Wurz Andrew M. Wurz 2017

Maps

Map:Sandhills Hutterite Colony, Beiseker, Alberta


Author(s) John M. Wurz
Bert Friesen
Date Published January 2018


Cite This Article

MLA style

Wurz, John M. and Bert Friesen. "Sandhills Hutterite Colony (Beiseker, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 2018. Web. 16 Aug 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sandhills_Hutterite_Colony_(Beiseker,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=156327.

APA style

Wurz, John M. and Bert Friesen. (January 2018). Sandhills Hutterite Colony (Beiseker, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 16 August 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sandhills_Hutterite_Colony_(Beiseker,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=156327.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 416. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.